Warren Township, Trumbull County, Ohio.
Warren Township is located in Southwestern Trumbull County. A significant portion of the city of Warren, OH (the county seat of Trumbull County) is located in the eastern part of Warren Township, and the census designated place of Leavittburg, OH is located in the western part of Warren Township. The township has an area of 14.5 square miles. State Routes 5, 82, and 45 run through the township, along with US Route 422. The Mahoning River is the main body of water that flows through many parts of the township. We are 18 miles North West of Youngstown; 55 miles South East of Cleveland, 40 miles North East of Akron, and 85 miles North West of Pittsburgh, PA.
According to " History of Trumbull and Mahoning Counties, Volume 1" by H.Z. Williams and Bros., the first settlers arrived in Warren Township in 1799. Thaddeus Leavitt was one of the original owners of the Connecticut Western Reserve. Warren Township was officially formed on August 4th, 1800. One of the original owners of the township was Thaddeus's brother John Leavitt, who was also the first chairman of Warren Township and built the first Inn and Tavern in Warren, OH. Leavittsburg is named after the Leavitt Families. Many other communities in the Western Reserve area are named after early settlers and families. Leavittsburg in Warren Township was picked to be the market center of Trumbull County, but Warren supplanted Leavittsburg.